Monday, September 12, 2011

Anatomy of a Logo: The Mighty Thor, Part 5


SATURDAY, JUNE 4, 1983

This sheet (scanned and stitched together) shows an early logo revision based on Walt's sketch. Around the logo are alternate versions of the "R", which I drew the following day.




Below is the next revision with slight changes to the beginning and end strokes of the "O" and to the leg of the "R".





SUNDAY, JUNE 5, 1983

A detail from the sheet with alternate "R" designs I drew at 4:20 pm. The second "R" would be used in the final logo. The other versions have too many facets.




TUESDAY, JUNE 7, 1983

I make variations of the logo, and then evaluate them. On the sheet below, I put small check marks above the "O" and "R" to tell myself to use these versions. And I make a note to draw a wider crossbar on the "T" as I did on the bottom logo of the second sheet.




(Tomorrow: Part 6 of 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment